WHAT IS FIGHTBACK
Fight Back is a sexual violence risk reduction education program for women and girls which develops their critical Mental, Vocal and Physical Skills to prevent, mitigate and manage the risk of sexual violence. The program is designed and implemented by Paritran Risk Management Systems (PRISMS) which specializes in providing safety consultancy and training solutions.
- The current Education System has more emphasis on developing Learn and Earn Skills of women and girls, which is absolutely necessary and important in regards to the their overall Empowerment . However, a very important aspect of personal empowerment is developing individual Safety skills, for which our education system has little or no emphasis.
- There has been a lot of good work and progress done in terms of awareness and advocacy for women and girls rights and there are many institution to cater to this need. If sexual violence is viewed as an incident there are 3 stages to it a) Before Incident b) During Incident and c) After Incident. We believe that women and girls can develop their individual safety skills to address the "Before Incident" Stage through Preventive measures and Response Skills to address the "During Incident" Stage. They can be their own protectors.
- Traditional Martial Arts and Combat based Competitive Sports Systems provide physical skills but fall short to address developing specialized mental and vocal skills to deal with sexual violence. We believe in multi-disciplinary approach which combines Risk Management Skills with Reality Based Self Defense Systems.
- VisionA society where Women and girls are free from the risk of sexual violence.
- MissionTo build the mental, vocal and physical skills to ensure that women and girls are their own protectors.
- GoalTo increase the prevention and response skills of women and girls.
- PurposeReduce/manage vulnerabilities of targeted women trainees towards sexual violence.
Learn About Our Services